You could change a person’s life with compassion and expert care in the health care setting. Are you ready to be a life changer?
This program provides students with the fundamentals of patient care in the health care environment. Students will learn basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, meeting human needs, safety measures, infection control, and physical care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of patient care in the health care environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in meeting human needs, safety measures, infection control, and physical care
- Develop technical skills specific to the complex needs of the patients
- Complete 30 hours of clinical work in an acute care facility
- Complete 30 hours of clinical work in a long-term care facility
View the High School Course Guide for an in-depth look at the courses outlined below.
High School Credits:
7615 Health Careers & Teams (1)
7611 Medical Terminology (1)
7613 Nurse Aide Theory (1)
7614 Nurse Aide Clinical (1)
Total College Credits:
7 + CNA Certification
Annual National Average Salary for Certified Nursing Assistant: $26,590
Annual National Average Salary for Registered Nurse: $68,400
- Nursing Assistant – CNA
- Informatics Nurse Specialist
- Home Health Aides
- Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist