Every delicious taste and smell you love is the original creation of a culinary expert. What mouthwatering samples will you whip up?
The culinary pathway prepares students for a successful restaurant and foodservice career. Students learn important skills and gain valuable experience in the restaurant and foodservice industry.
- Demonstrate the techniques and practices for food safety and work place safety in the hospitality and food industry.
- Develop professional skills for the food industry.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and practices required for food production and services.
- Explore controlling foodservice costs.
- Explore purchasing and inventory procedures.
- Identify and recognize marketing and menu concepts.
- Apply the principles of conversation in foodservice.
View the High School Course Guide for an in-depth look at the courses outlined below.
High School Credits:
4029 Exploring FCS Pathways (2)
4021 Culinary Essentials (2)
4032 ProStart I (2)
4033 ProStart II (2)
X065 Internship (2)
Total College Credits:
Annual National Average Salary for Chef: $43,100
- Restaurant Host
- Food Scientist
- Restaurant Manager